Saturday, February 5, 2011

Good Review: Bad Review Well Tea V. Brioche

Good Review: Well Tea

Today for brunch, Adam and I went to Well Tea located at 551 Seymour Street. Well Tea is self-described as a Vancouver Taiwanese Restaurant--so I thought I would put it to the test and order some Beef Noodle soup. The soup was good--the broth was not heavy yet flavorful.   The beef was tender and complemented with winter melon, bok choy, carrots, pickled vegetables, scallions and cilantro. The price was right--about $8 and the portion was large.  Next time I will ask for some chillies to add to the broth. 

Something different about this place, I appreciated the the Service Call button feature--like on an airplane you press the button when you are ready to order, when you need something, when you want to pay or cancel. 

(Don't worry, I tipped my waiter)
Well Tea (Downtown) on Urbanspoon






Bad Review: Brioche

Yesterday I went to Brioche for lunch located at 401 West Cordova Street.  I have been going to Brioche off and on for several years. Sometimes it's a hit, like their Cioppino, but most times it's a miss.  

Adam usually orders the Spaghetti and Meatballs, so I ordered it as a safety, but what I got was more like salty red crap with ground meat and sliced up meatloaf leftovers. Did I mention it took over 20 minutes to arrive and cost me around $13?  I ended up eating half out of hunger desperation and giving the rest to the bums a.k.a Gary's office.

I'm going to stick with the Cioppino if there is a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment