Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dine Out: L'Abbattoir $38 Menu Review

Dine Out Review: L'Abattoir

Adam texted me Friday night and asked If I were interested in going to L'Abbatoir for Dine Out located at 217 Carrall Street. This restaurant is usually not affordable for people like me, so I accepted to see what $38 could get me. I ordered:

Confit of Albacore tuna
Lettuce, smoked pork fat, crispy bits   -> Good but it didn't need to twice cooked sponge eggs


Slow cooked loin of pork
Cassoulet, brussels sprouts, mushroom ->
 The sauce was a bit too salty, the meat tasteless but I very much enjoyed the brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Is it bad if I enjoyed the sides more than the actual main?


Dark chocolate and coffee layer cake
Cherry apricot compote, whipped vanilla crème fraiche ->
 I enjoyed the way the compote complemented the chocolate but my slice of cake really was a slice of a slice

Overall, the food was ok but the experience was very over-priced.  Dine Out plus a couple drinks each came to more than $100 for 2. Thanks Dine Out, now that eaten at L'Abbatoir I know I'm not really missing out on anything!

L'Abattoir on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment