Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomato and Basil Seafood Soup


I like going to the Nesters Supermarket during my lunch hour--to see what's fresh, what's on sale and what I can make myself for lunch. The other day shrimp and mussels were on sale for $1 a pound--so I thought I'd make myself a cheap, quick, and easy Seafood Soup.

Ingredients (serves 1 fatty)

1 can of Wolfgang Puck's Classic Tomato and Basil Soup or you're favorite tomato based soup
Handful of fresh Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Handful of fresh mussels (scrubbed and debearded)
1 portion of white fish (such as cod or snapper)
3 tips of Asparagus
Flat leafy parsley

Preparation

Bring soup to simmer. Add Seafood to soup. Add Asparagus. Simmer until fish flakes, mussels open and shrimp turn pink. Ganish with parsley if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment