Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Restaurant Review: Rogue

Last Thursday night as I finished up at the gym, I got a text from Adam to meet him at Rogue (located at 601 West Cordova Street). I have mixed feelings about Rogue--I've been there several times: for office lunches, watching Hockey Games (Go team! - Homer Simpson), dinner and even Gary's Company Christmas Party and one thing remains consistent--the service is horrible

For example: The girls in my office typing pool and I decided to go to Rogue for an office lunch. Yvette made a reservation in the morning. I called to update the reservation hours later--to find out that we had no reservation at all--so I made a new one. We all showed up at the Rogue and find out we still had no reservation. When we got there the service was so slow that it took 20 minutes to be served. Ridiculous.


Adam often likes to watch the Canucks games at Rogue--so I often I meet him there for dinner. I usually order that big ass Hamburger they have and split it between Adam and myself. It's not the best and it's not the worst Burger I've ever had.  This time around, Adam was feeling like a liquid dinner, so I ordered the Fish Tacos. What a pleasant surprise.


Though the portion was small--those little tacos were packed and very tasty. I could taste every ingredient but specifically: the fish, the avocado and the mango came together like a song I can listen to over and over again.  

I read that Rogue had a promotion, last year, where you... "pay what you think the meal is worth". If you believe the meal is not as good, or worth less than the menu price, you simply let the server know and fill out a form, paying them what you think it's worth...." If I could pay what I feel the meal was worth--I'd say $10: the meal is good--perfect for a post-work out dinner but otherwise small.

Rogue Kitchen and Wet Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment