Friday, April 15, 2011

Cold Tofu with Garlic and Scallions

 
I <3 Tofu. You can steam it, bake it, stir fry it, grill it--eh, I'm beginning to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump, so I'll stop because unless you're a Forrest Gump--you get the picture.

I grew up on Cold Tofu with Garlic and Scallions. Every Saturday morning, my Mom would wake up early (anything earlier then 10am is early by my definition) and make what you know as Congee, fry up some eggs with soy sauce, maybe some bacon, open up a can of pickled cucumbers, crack open some shredded dried Swordfish and/or Bamboo Shoots in Chili oil, or maybe there were some salted nuts and plate up some Tofu. A lovely and light and savoury breakfast.

Cold Tofu with Garlic and Scallions Recipe

You can eat this Tofu dish with "Congee", with Ramen or on it's own.

Ingredients

Tofu (silk, soft, medium or firm)
Oyster Sauce, Soy sauce and Sesame Oil
Fresh Minced Garlic
Shredded Scallions

Preparation

Cube Tofu, drain and plate. Add a couple of dashes of Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. Cover Tofu with Garlic and garnish with Scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment