Sunday, April 3, 2011

Restaurant Review: Kamei Royale

It's been a exhausting week for me. In turn, I spent most of today in bed: woke up at 6AM and slept off and on till 5pm. (Sleep, that's where I'm a Viking.)  Around 7pm I decided that I should eat something. Around 9pm is when I got around to getting myself out of bed. Around 10pm I finally ate.


Perfect first meal of the day at any hour? Kamei Royale (located at 1030 West Georgia Street) hardly ever does me wrong.  Kamei Royale has a great menu, serves late night and has a Karaoke bar (which is always good for a laugh).  


My first course was 3 Royal Miyagi Oysters $4.50-comes with three sauces: sweet vinegar, ponzu and horse radish that bring out the sweetness of the fresh Oysters three different ways.


I followed the Oysters with Calamari Tofu $5.50- deep fried Tofu topped with Calamari and covered in a sweet chili sauce and scallions. Light and Satisfying. 



And finally Zaru Soba Noodles $8.95- cold buckwheat noodles garnished with shredded dry seaweed served in a house-made sauce.  
Refreshing, light and flavorful.


FYI: Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour, have a nutty taste and are super healthy.  Also, Soba noodles are an excellent source of complex carbs, protein and antioxidants.


The way to eat Zaru Soba is --mix your scallions and wasabi into your sauce (to your taste). You then dunk and slurp your desired amount of noodles into the sauce and into your mouth (no judgement).


Want to learn how to cook Zaru Soba at home? Check out Tea & Cookies Food Blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment