Saturday, August 6, 2011

4 Days in Portland- Day 4

Day 4
Bean and Rice Bowl
Trio of Tacos
Porque no Taqueria - my last meal in Portland and overall, I like this place: it's fresh, delicious and affordable.  At first I just ordered  Shrimp, Fish and Calamari Tacos.


The best part of the trio was the Fish Taco-- which was fantastic. I could taste all the flavors: pineapple, lightly fried fish, cabbage and cilantro.


Not wanting to missing out on another potentially good dish--I then ordered Bean and Rice bowl--which was sadly disappointing. All the different kinds of mushy textures were a bit of a turn off--but I don't regret trying it out.


On our last meal in the States was dinner at the Boundary Bay Brewery in Bellingham, WA.


I ordered the Pork Chop that came with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Brocolini. A very satisfying meal--the cream sauce was not overwhelming, the Chop was well cooked, the Potatoes were the kind you crave and the Brocolini was tender and lovely (even Adam ate his).  The three others all ordered the Meatloaf with the same sides--and I didn't ask to try any because Meatloaf (yuck) is a turn-off for me.

Pork Chop

Meatloaf




It's been some time since my trip to Portland and I've had some time to reflect. I long to go back. Portland is how I always imagined the West Coast--it's new, laid back and people know how to work to live and not live to work. Portland's it.



Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment