Friday, August 5, 2011

4 Days in Portland- Day 3

Day 3

Walked past Kenny & Zukes- a couple of times during my stay and it was always packed. Gustavo and I decided that we had to try it out--rain or shine. 

Kenny and Zukes was worth it the wait and the price. I decided to try something new:

Bagel with cream cheese,
pickled onions, tomato, capers
& one of the following........................11.95
· gravlax (cured salmon)
· nova lox (smoked salmon)
· whitefish salad

I ordered a Poppy Bagel with Scallion Cream Cheese and Gravlax. I loved the Gravelax, Capers and pickled Red Onions. Great light brunch to finish off the morning.



I also ordered a Matza Ball soup--I wasn't too crazy about it. It was flavorful but nothing special.

For Dinner we ventured to Trebol- I ordered Garlic Clams with Potatoes and Cilantro and afterwards a Bean and Chorizo Taco- both very good - The Clams were light and delicious and the Beans were smokey and lovely.

For a digestif went to Moloko- tried out the Oolong Ice Tea and liked it so much I had another and another.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment