Monday, August 8, 2011

Restaurant Review: McLeans Deli

So when does a Deli qualify for a Restaurant Review? When the sandwiches cost around $10+

Back in the day McLean's Deli was Social--an expensive Deli where you could get 1/2 a Focaccia sandwich and a beer for $13. Nowadays McLean's is an even more expensive Deli ($10.75 for half a Focaccia sandwich) with less charcuterie availabilities and they don't sell beer.

The other day I recieved a giftcard for McLean's for $20--I went in for lunch and found the place empty. My only chacuterie options that day were limited to Honey Ham, Black Forest Ham and Proscuitto which is not surprising because the last time I ordered for the office the Deli was again out of most Meats. I left with a basic Ham 1/2 sandwich (surprise, surprise) and what turned out to be a horrible cup of strange watery pea soup that somehow cost me $17ish all in!

I will not be going again--and if anyone wants the $3ish left on my giftcard send me your address and I'll mail it off to you. Want a better sandwich in the area--go to Trees Organic. The sandwiches are pre-made but quite tasty and a reasonable price ($8).

McLean's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I walked past the Deli today to see that it's closed with no sign of renovation. McLeans Deli will not be missed.

    ReplyDelete