Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Restaurant Review: Two Chefs and a Table

When Vancouver last got hit by with a "snow storm" I thought it would be a perfect night for Two Chefs and a Table (located at 305 Alexander Street). 


I always order the: Steak Frites $24- Triple A Sirloin Shoe String Potatoes Creamed Corn and Tarragon Aioli-> Fresh; lightly prepared; thick steak. Condiments need not apply. Creamed Corn to die for: sweet and savoury (I liked it so much I ate both Adam's and my servings). Crispy Shoe String Potatoes (sometimes at 6 Acres their String Potatoes go soggy--but not here) and Tarragon Aioli- nice for dipping into from time to time.

I also always order: Roasted Root Vegetables $5- Seasonal root vegetables cooked in butter -> Crisp and flavorful. Even Adam will eat his carrots here.

I not only do I like this place- I love it. When it comes to ordering at restaurants: I am a firm believer in ordering meals 1) I cannot do myself 2) cannot do better or 3) cannot do cheaper. These are all non-issues at Two Chefs. The space is comfortable, the food is good and they have beers for $5.25. 

I get the impression that the people who run Two Chefs get it--that you can be good at your job and not have to whore yourself out. And at the end of the meal-I never begrudge the bill because the meal is always worth it.


Two Chefs and a Table on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This past weekend--I took myself out to brunch and ordered Fried Chicken and Waffles (1 large
    Waffle sprinkled in Syrup, Walnuts and Almond Butter topped with two pieces of Herb Fried Chicken).

    I found the Fried Chicken was a bland and the Waffle a bit undercooked. The concept is delicious but the execution was bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete