Saturday, March 19, 2011

Good Review: Bad Review No. 4 Deacon's Corner vs. The Dish

Hungry Man Biscuits 'n Sausage $13.25
Chicken Apple Breakfast $9.00
Starving and/or hung over, Adam and I had brunch at Deacon's Corner (located at 101 Main Street) the other day.  I ordered the Chicken Apple Breakfast-> The Apple sausages had a tang to it (possibly the apples) and became more unappetizing as I ate it.  I looked to cleanse my mouth of the rancid sausage but my options were brown, brown, and brown; Hash browns, eggs or buttered up toast.

You'd think for $9.00 at a Diner*--I'd get some fruit or some greens or even more then two sausages, but no. Now, before you even start, I know that Deacon's Corner is supposed to be a Greasy Spoon Diner--but, I'm not convinced because where are the Greasy Spoon prices?  


Deacon's Corner, if anything, is an over-priced purest--in so much that your food will pretty much come out looking the same way it came in.

Deacon's Corner on Urbanspoon
The Egg Dish with Ham $6.10
I know you're worried now,  but don't be because there are loads of proper Diners in Vancouver - like The Dish (located at 1068 Davie Street). Starving and/or hung over (notice a trend, yet?), Leah and I met up here this morning and it was everything I needed it to be. Service was fast and friendly; get your own utensils and fixings; Healthy options (like egg white substitutes, turkey hash, extra shot of whey protein in smoothies, etc); and a nice bustling ambience.

I ordered the Egg Dish with Ham-> light fluffy scrambled eggs with salsa. Multigrain toast and lightly seasoned breakfast potatoes.

Great meal for a great price--in fact, nothing on the menu at The Dish (entrees, sandwiches, breakfast, whatever) is over $7.10. Go see for yourself and enjoy a real Vancouver Diner, not just some place that calls itself a one.

The Dish on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment