Monday, March 14, 2011

Restaurant Review: La Casita

Last Friday night--everywhere was packed--so we ventured a little farther then usual and ended up in La Casita (located at 101 W. Cordova Street). I love La Casita--there is always a table available, new salsas and hot sauces to try with the complementary tortilla chips and (most important of all) decent service.

I used to go there just about every other Friday for lunch when I worked for that bullshit "Creative Company" years ago (not bitter or anything--just wouldn't mind breaking their windows the next black-out......just saying). Sometimes I change it up and order something new but nothing beats the:

Blackened Filete de Cod- Fillet of cod, blackened w/olive oil & spices and served with cabbage salad, guacamole, black beans and rice S $14   L $20 -> fish perfectly cooked with a crunchy top, yet still all around moist. Tasty and fresh cabbage with guacamole and heavenly rice and beans.  If they had the option--I could just eat rice and beans from La Casita. I love the rice and beans there so much--I usually end up finding a way to eat someone else's portion in addition to my own.

Photo by: diane.ty
I also love the Hot Wings--always so spicy and savory that it brings tears to my eyes.

Photo by: knightbefore_99

La Casita on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment