Thursday, September 15, 2011

Take out Review: Thailicious


What's a Take Out Review? It's a review for places that only do take out, like Thailicious. Over the summer, my co-worker highly recommended Thailicious as a cheap and cheerful Thai. He also recommended getting your meal delivered because apparently the actual Thailicious restaurant is not an easy find.

Since the summer--Thailicious is my regular take out because indeed, they serve up delicious food at good value.  I am a fan of the Spicy Calamari, the Stir-fry Noodles in Sweet Soy Sauce, or the Basil Spicy Noodles, and you can never really go wrong with any of the Curries. Adam loves the Beef with Garlic and Pepper Sauce over rice but beware: when you ask for hot--it's the real deal.  

I find Thailicious is a great alternative to cooking: the vegetables are always fresh and crisp tender, the mains are flavorful and nothing is served greasy. I, also find that the Customer Service is fantastic but the Quality Control needs some work.

The other week—I had an impromptu party of 5 show up at my apartment. I knew that ordering from Thailicious would be a safe bet.  Dinner came unusually late --and with prizes in the form of broken pieces of plastic in the curry!  The next day—I wrote an complaint email and within the hour I got this reply:

Hi,


I am very sorry to hear that.  Normally the food should not cool when it get there.  The broken plastic in the curry container is because the curry too hot and it melt the plastic of it’s cover.  Normally we will make sure the curry will sit a bit before we cover it up so it is not too hot until the cover plastic lit is melt down.  Yesterday may be we were rush to put your order out for delivery so this may happen.  We are very sorry for this. 


We are more that happy to refund your the whole order.  I have to go back to check how you paid last night.  If it is cash we more than happy to bring back the cash to you this evening.  However if it paid by credit card or debit since the process is completed we will credit you the whole amount for your next order.  This is a very rare occasion and we know what is it cause therefore we try to avoid it as we can.  We have to more carful on this both on packing and delivering processes. 


We are very sorry for this happen to you and very appreciate you let us know on what’s happen.  Finally we hope you will accept our apology. 


Best regards,


Thailicious team.

Ok, Thailicious Team, I forgive you, and I'll order from you again. Offering me credit is good business practice but what will keep me coming back regularly is a standard of good food, quick delivery and making sure my whole order is in the bag. I ordered from Thailicious, again, last night and the drop off took over an hour to arrive and what's more or should I write less--my bag was missing the rice I ordered. Shame--the food was great despite the Management issues.

Thailicious Cuisine@Door on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment