Saturday, September 24, 2011

Restaurant Review: Tamam



I tried Tamam (located at 26 Powell Street)  today for a take-out lunch and WOW! I've never had Palestinian or Arabic Mediterranean before but I really liked what I had and I will be going back for more. 

I ordered  the Sauteed Fresh Talapia with rosemary, garlic, lemon and olive oil    $9.5 that came with Mujaddarah (Lentils and Rice covered with sauteed Onions) and Tabbuleh. My fish was nicely cooked with fresh herbs and I am in love with Mujaddarah. There was so much food that I didn't even get to the Tabbuleh (will save it for Breakfast tomorrow with a soft boiled Egg). Fantastic food at an affordable price. Urbanspoon, please list this as my first Really Like.
Tamam on Urbanspoon

* Update - a couple of days after my post--I went back to Tamam and noticed a $5 increase in all the items on the menu.  And then a couple of weeks later I noticed that Tamam closed all together never to re-open. Have to say--this was an opportunity missed.  Gastown has many over-priced restaurants and "diners" in the neighborhood but what Gastown really needs is a healthy, cheap and cheerful option.

1 comment:

  1. Tamam is now open on Hastings street (2616 E Hastings St )

    ReplyDelete