Friday, May 27, 2011

Restaurant Review: Cork & Fin

No one was more excited than me when Cork & Fin (221 Carrall Street) opened. Or maybe I just don't know that many people, whatever.

 "All you need is Love?", oysters and wine? I'm in. Gastown isn't short of rich-bitch tapas style restaurants but it is short of fresh seafood. I looked forward to having a nice seafood place in the neighborhood: I love oysters and I've been looking for an alternative to Rodneys.  But after looking at the Cork & Fin menu I lost interest. Take the Large Seafood Tower for instance: you want how much for Crab, Shrimp, Mussels and Clams when I can get all for less than $5.99 per lb at T&T?  Obviously this place is for the rich and lazy.




Happy Hour Oysters
 The other day- Andreina called me up and want to meet up for gouter- (you know, that snack between lunch and dinner). I knew that Cork & Fin has a happy hour - which I can afford - so I took the opportunity to meet her and finally try this place out.
The oysters were ok--the mignonette wasn't anything special and the service was awfully slow. There was only one other table and it took over 20 minutes to get out oysters. The only time the waiter gave us any attention--was when he was telling us how special the oysters were. Like the uniqueness of the oysters should supercede any expectation of efficient service (how silly of me).  Won't be a regular and will only take rich and lazy company there when they are paying.


Cork & Fin on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment