Sunday, May 29, 2011

Penny's Salad Recipe


"Is Penny bringing her Salad?"
 The Girls in my office are literally Zombies for Penny's Salad. Zombies, in all their forms, scare me so I usually avoid the feeding frenzy.

"Penny's coming for lunch?"
"Do you think she'll bring some Salad?"
"Do you think she'll share her Salad?"
"Salad?"
"Salad."

 The other day, Penny came with her Salad; I guess she wanted another Zombie for her brood and invited me to have some.

Indeed, I gave into the peer pressure and just wanted to fit in, so I had some Salad. I must say, it certainly is a good Salad but it's her dressing that makes it special.

Penny's Salad Dressing served with a side of Smoked Chicken Wings

Penny's Salad Recipe
Fresh crumbled Feta to taste
Chopped Black Olives to taste
Handful each of chopped Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, Red and Yellow Peppers
1/2 Handful of sliced Radish, Scallions and Red Onions
Chopped Lettuce

Serve with grilled/poached/cooked Chicken

For Dressing
1 part Red Wine Vinegar
1 part Olive Oil
Oregano, Sugar, Salt and Pepper to taste

Collin's Alternative Dressing Recipe
1/3 cup olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
8 whole peppercorns
2 pinches of roasted pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment