Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dinner and a Download: Chipotle Quesadillas with Pork and Black Beans and Predator


It's been a long and expensive day for me. I filed my 2010 taxes this morning and my net income was de-motivating to say the least. Needing some comfort food and easy viewing--I decided to make Chipotle Quesadillas with Pork and Black Beans and download Predator (1987).

Quesadillas are a great way to use left over meat, a perfect to-go meal and an excuse to try out my homemade Chipotle Adobo Puree.

You can get buy Chipotles in Adobo sauce in a can apparently (try The Superstore)--just not in any markets I have regular access to, so I decided to make it from scratch.

Chipotles are smoked Jalapenos that give a nice smokey hot flavor. You can buy dried Chipotles from Sunrise and you can rehydrate them in boiled water. Click here to view the Chipotle Adobo Recipe I used.

Chipotle Quesadillas with Pork and Black Beans

Ingredients

Marinated Pork or Meat of your Choice (cooked and sliced)
Olive oil
PAM
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1/2 Pepper (any color-diced)
1 can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
2 tbs of Adobo Chipotle Puree
Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
Cilantro (chopped)
Whole Grain Tortillas

Preparation

Cook Pork per directions--set aside meat and reserve meat liquids.  Heat wok and add Olive Oil. Add Garlic and Peppers. Cook until fragrant. Add Beans, meat, meat liquids and stir in Puree. Cook until beans soften and remove from heat.

Heat up grill pan and spray with PAM. Place tortilla onto heated grill pan. Spoon bean mixture onto half of tortilla. Sprinkle cheese and cilantro then fold tortilla in half. Grill until cheese is melted and remove from heat. Repeat as desired. Serve with your favorite salsa and/or hot sauce. 

Now about Download, what's not to love about Predator? 
I could watch Predator over and over again. It's timeless and amusing in so many ways. 


You'll laugh: Hawkins: Billy: Billy. Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her "Jeez, you got a big pussy. Jeez, you got a big pussy." She said "Why did you say that twice?" I said, "I didn't."[Billy stares blankly] Hawkins: "See, it's cuz of the echo!"
You'll Cry: Three of the Actors in Predator ran for U.S.  Governorship--only two were elected
You'll fall in love all over again: Oh Billy!

No comments:

Post a Comment