Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feeling Crabby


There's nothing to boiling Crab--you just put a pot of water to boil and you slide in the Crab. The thing is not until last weekend--I've never boiled a Crab before. Stir-fry? Ok. Steam? Ok. Boil? Not so much, and after last weekend I think I'll stick with the first two methods.  What's the problem? Um, lets start with how about the Crabs kick the pot while they are boiling to death. It's a little weird--for a first time killers (moths don't count).  Second, boiling boils out the natural sweetness of the Crab meat. Third--you need a big-ass pot to boil more than two Dungeness Crabs at a time. Fourth, you need Seinfield's Man-Hands to break a nice 2 lbs crab in half.

I much rather prefer having my Fish Monger to chop my Crabs and cooking within the hour, thank you. Want to try out my Steamed Crab recipe? It brings out the sweetness of the Crab with sesame oil, ginger and scallions. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment