Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slow Start

Today I was surprised to receive a Slow Cooker at work from Treena.  She mentioned she had an extra one last night when we were talking about how I was planning on cooking my chicken dinner.  Treena is a Slow Cooker: she layers the bottom of the Cooker with carrots and onions (and potatoes?) and then the chicken on top.  The chicken then slowly cooks in it's own juices for 8 hours and the finished product is fall off the bone meat.
Bravetti 3 Quart Slow Cooker

I'd have to take her word for it--until today. I've never had a Slow Cooker before nor have I ever had a chance to use one.  I'm very curious and looking forward to comparing the Slow Cooker to my cherished Pressure Cooker. I might have a little convincing to do though--Son of a Fireman might not be too keen on letting leave an appliance on for a several hours. But we'll see, sounds like a Rib Cook Off will in order soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment